Bleeding Your 1967-1982 Corvette Brake System
Most Corvette owners love to talk about how much horsepower their Corvette is producing or how many cubic inches their running under the hood. And don’t get us wrong we love horsepower, but what good is blasting off a stoplight if you’re not certain that you can stop your Corvette on a dime? Well, you won’t have to be fearful if you know your brake system is in good working order. For do-it-yourselfers that means having confidence when replacing brake system components and being able to correctly bleed the brakes when the work is completed.
There are many ways to bleed your 1967-1982 Corvette’s brake system, today we are going to show you how to properly bench bleed a master cylinder and gravity bleed the entire brake system. You should be bench bleed the master cylinder anytime you are removing or replacing it from your Corvette. It’s imperative to remove all air from the master cylinder so that your brake system bleeding techniques are successful. And anytime you’ve opened your brake system up for component replacement such as a caliper, brake hose or brake line you’ll need to fully bleed the entire system. Trapped air equals spongy pedal, which could end in a front end collision.
Follow along with Zip Corvette Parts: Corvette brake bleeding techniques and you’ll not only be quick off the line but even quicker when it comes bringing it to a halt.
Source: Zip Corvette Parts
8067 Fast Lane | Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | (800) 962-9632
Corvette Parts List Related to Article:
- 1967 & 1968-1976 STD Master Cylinder (Replacement)
- 1967 Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5455509)
- 1967 J-56 Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5460346)
- 1968-1976 w/PWR Master Cylinder (Replacement)
- 1977-1982 Master Cylinder (Replacement)
- 1967-1976 STD Deluxe Brake Overhaul Kit (New Calipers w/Original Seal)
- 1973-1974E STD Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5455509)
- 1973-1974E PWR Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5460346)
- 1974L-1976 STD Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5460509)
- 1974L-1976 PWR Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5460346)
- 1977-1982 Reproduction Master Cylinder (#5460346)
- Silicone Brake Fluid – Quart
- DOT 3 Brake Fluid
- Shop/Repair Manuals